Canon Photomarathon whole of yesterday; yes, it was truly eye-opening.
the only thing that separates the winners and the losers is; -the amount of creativity -the execuation for the photo if not both
just think about it. thousands of people using the same camera brands, lenses, all shooting for the same theme
I've come to realise, okay, not now only; but all these time that the equipment that a photographer has defines their photos, but also the creativity and the technical ability to handle the equipment, the ability to think on the spot when its needed to.
been looking through all the photos that I've shot over the past two years ever since my dad gave me the Olympus, be it for camps, events, competitions or casual shooting I've realised how much I've learnt by myself coming from a background of absolutely no photography background (I didn't even know what does SLR stands for just a mere two years ago) all the techniques and composition wise I hardly asked, only asking if I really needed help .no, I'm not being proud of myself or what I'm just looking back at the journey that I have so far.
yes, I admit that I'm still not a good enough photographer and I'm still learning and picking up.
Looking forward to end of year; Youth Camp (: Should be be shooting with a Nikon AFS 70-200mm F2.8 FX VR on a D5000 if not a D90
and now cosidering also the Nikon AFD 50mm/85mm F1.4