<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/29091634?origin\x3dhttp://flighter-huangyxvicson.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Vicson's.
profile
Photobucket
Vicson
Son Of Victory
17 August
19
Once a Hildan, Always a Hildan
NP - FSV
FLIGHTer
Drummer
Photographer

Facebook
17th Birthday Montage
Photo Blog

tagboard






exits
YanXiu
Abigial
Cara
ChingYing
Dawn
Marinne
Selene
Tricia
Victor
My Photo Blog

flashback
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
July 2010

credits
Layout: Kary-yan/Missyan.
Hosts: x o x o x o

Date : Sunday, March 08, 2009
Time : 2:44 am
looking back at the one year that has gone by, looking through my blog's achieve(once again), it just seems like I've gone through so much, in what seems less then a year, but just enough that enabled me to grow and mature as a person.

last year, at this time of the year, I was in a caught in a spot.
Film, Sound & Video at Ngee Ann or Motion Graphics and Broadcast Design at Nanyang?

I made my decision and this new chapter in my life started, one that I gone through, with little regrets. Yes, there were moments and times where I regret doing this, making the wrong decisions and wrong moves, but what's done can't be undone.

March 2008 signalled plenty of things. old relationships being broken/tested and new ones were established, almost gone were the 'so-called' friends from secondary school and new friends were made just to adapt and get through poly life. initial struggle to make new friends at camps seems so unreal now as I look back, but the thing is out of the many friends made, contacts exchanged, just how many of them am I actually still in contact with? one, two? or maybe three? at least there were some positive outcome in having made new friends. having known someone who changed my life. okay not say changed my life, but rather made a rather huge impact on my life(yeah, that leftie who blogs in a way that no one understands. hah!); having known some people who in a way played a role in me fitting into my new classes, in having a new social life.
the crazy times that I spent at Orientation Camps, doing things that I never though I'll be doing. crazy stuff, just doing crazy stuff. pranks and jokes. spending the whole night at KAP's macs, doing and saying things that will make people think I'm insane while all the while I'm sane and I know what I'm doing

no, I'm not going to blog about each and every month. I mean that would be like a total of 12 months. to be honest, this is going to be more of a reflection; through the many things that I've gone through.

school itself has been a real challenge to me; fitting into a totally new system, where it is just all for yourself, or maybe rather not. fact is that, when one studies, its all for yourself. where in secondary school, you would have the competitiveness with your classmates and all but yet at the same time, chances are you would be on the look out for them, if they are struggling as well. but poly itself is just so different. thrown into the deep end all by yourself, surrounded by lecture notes, tutorials and perhaps classmates who couldn't much care less about you. chances are you would have to depend on yourself, to get through all the tests, individual assignments and to do your part in group projects.
having learnt it the hard way. poor time management almost cost me to fail one module, failure to study adequately for quizes pulled some of my grades down, maybe from an A to a B or threatening to fail when its a C to a D. breaking down emotionally when everything just come tumbling down on me - the dropping of the camera which caused the lens to break, class politics - the effect that it had on me, not so co-operative groupmates for projects - contributed to the politics. sometimes, or rather most of the time, it brings me back to where it all started.

Why am I in Film, Sound and Video?
Surely there's a reason for these that happened.
Surely there's a reason on why I retook my Os just to get into poly.
Surely there's a reason on why I got in through jpsae.
Surely there's a reason on why God placed me into Ngee Ann, into FSV.

All these reasons, seaching for answers when these answers are just going to reveal themselves in God's timing.

I really guess only time will tell. till then, all I can do is do my best in all that I do.