Date : Tuesday, September 16, 2008 Time : 10:37 pm
sorry for the lack of updates.
for a very good reason.
No, not that I was lazy or I didn't had the time.
Simply because my Mac died on me. Hard-disk problem.
Came back on Sunday night. Took plenty of photos - close to 700 for 4 days.
Mac was working okay for monday. edited some of the photos, then met family for dinner.
It kinda hanged a couple of times on Tuesday night, before officially dying on me.
Got me really frustrated, cause I was doing my stuff online and talking to people.
Told my dad about it, just to let him know and he was like
So now how?
I was thinking to myself
Just letting you know what. now how? obviously going to send if for servicing, then what else can I do. -.-
Spent the whole of last Wednesday out. Going down to City Hall to send my camera for servicing, cause the memory card cover can't close. Only to find out that Olympus shifted to River Valley and they didn't provide a specific address. Ended up getting lost, but managed to find my way there. Then down to Braddell to send my Mac in for servicing.
So, yes, for the past week. the TV tried to be my best companion, but failed terribly. The phone did quite a decent job in getting my occupied, house phone and handphone.
Went out for a couple of afternoons and enjoyed my time. Lame jokes and all.
I'm just plain surprised that I survived without my laptop. But it wasn't the losing of laptop that made me worry. It was all my stuff inside that made me worry. Just one staggering figure of 7000 over photos, was enough to make me worry. Including the photos that I took when I was away, for the Youth Camp, for my school assignments. Totally irreplaceable.
Songs - I can always get it back from CDs and my iPod. But photos. no way totally.
Collected my Mac this late afternoon. Kinda rushed down cause I was out. Reached their office at 5:45pm when they close at 6pm, so thank goodness. Everything in my Mac was gone but all the data still intact in the old hard disk, so I was relieved; very relieved.
going to settle it and transfer everything back tomorrow, hopefully.
Looking forward to get my camera back, real soon. Still waiting for their call.