had quite a meaningful conversation with my friend last night.
no much details shall be said, but somehow, it got me thinking.
if i were to be in the same situation, would i be doing the same as to what i have advised my friend to do.
what would my actions really be and stuff.
also at the same time, it got me thinking about my relationship with my parents, brother and God.
the occasional arguments that we have, sometimes leading to a major argument, involving the whole family, even my dog. she will just hide under the table, knowing something is happening. something bad is happening.
I was posting my first post on my blog for school, at wordpress, and i mentioned this No, I am not saying that I am not holy or what. I guess its just extra tough being a Pastor Kid, when it is tough enough already to be a christian. and now i am just thinking, sometimes i fail as a christian. not to mention being a pastor kid. yes, i am serving in church. in the music ministry, week in week out. but it dawned upon me that just serving God isn't enough. my dad was just 'nagging' at me the other day, asking me if i have been doing my own quiet time these few days. truth is i haven been. i know that it's for my own good, on building my relationship with God, getting to know Him more and be like Him more. But i just dun seem to have the discipline to do that. Maybe if Discipleship resumes, it might help me. i think.
apparently, i woke up late today and so my dad gave me a lift to school. on the way, we nearly had an accident and it was raining. the car that was in front of us suddenly braked. dad reacted to it, managed to stop in time and the next thing i knew was my dad's arm across my body. i was just...speechless. after i alighted in school, i was thinking. it could have been my dad being injured, if there was an accident, had i not put on my safety belt.
its just love. simple was that.
but how have i been treating my parents recently. i am just feeling guilty, on how i have treated my parents and brother. life is just so fragile, so short. and we only have got one life, got to live and use it to the fullest. but at the same time we cannot forget what we are here for, just like what i have told my friend last night. and that is the Great Commission.
All for love a Father gave
For only love could make a way All for love the heavens cried For love was crucified
Oh how many times have I broken Your heart But still You forgive If only I ask And how many times have You heard me pray Draw near to me
Everything I need is You My beginning, my forever Everything I need is You
Let me sing all for love I will join the angel song Ever holy is the Lord King of Glory King of all
Oh how many times have I broken Your heart But still You forgive If only I ask And how many times have You heard me pray Draw near to me
Everything I need is You My beginning, my forever Everything I need is You (x2)
All for a love a Saviour prayed Abba Father have Your way Though they know not what they do Let the Cross draw man to You
Everything I need is You My beginning, my forever Everything I need is You (x2)